Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Pregnancy Update: 38 weeks



May 6 - 35 weeks pregnant


May 27 - 38 weeks pregnant


This pregnancy continues to be more challenging than my first.  Around May 4, I came down with bronchitis.  Why?? Just...why?  So I've been more tired, achy, coughy, than I would like.  But with the advice of my dashing husband, I went to the doctor on May 17 (when I found out it was bronchitis) and got some antibiotics which cleared it all up.  Then, Nova got sick around May 24, and I got sick again.  So, we are home today, May 30, trying to relax and feel better.

Last Sunday, I went to the Maternity Ward Tour, so Lynn and I will know where to go and what to do when there.  However, one of the other fathers looked at me and said, "You must be having twins!"  Ugh...no.

At my 36 week appointment, I had gained 39 pounds.  At my 37 week appointment, they said I gained 43.  At my 38 week appointment, they said I gained 45 pounds.  My goal was to gain 40 total.  Oops.

Lynx is very healthy and (hopefully) happy!  My fundus (the size of my belly) has been 1 week ahead almost every week.  But, Week 37 he's back to regular sized, which probably means he dropped.  Also at Week 37, I'm 2 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced.  The baby is still head-down so I'm hoping I won't need a c-section.

His heart rate is 142 - spot on!  

I'll keep you posted on how these last few weeks go!

No comments:

Post a Comment