Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Lynx's Fourth Month

Lynx is a delightful little boy!

He found his toes!  On September 30, he sucked his toes for the first time.  He hasn't done it too often since then, but probably just because I've been holding him as much as possible! He LOVES being held, and he will smile almost every time I make eye contact with him.  



As I mentioned in my previous post, Lynx's sleep has been horrible.  For most of September, he's been sleeping in 1-2 hour increments, sometimes only 30-45 minute increments!!  I've been losing my mind.  So, by late September, we purchased a bunch of different types of sleep sacks (Merlin Sleep Suit, Swaddle Up, Zippity Zip) and a Rock-N-Play.  After some trial and error, we found that the Merlin in the Rock-N-Play was best, though not perfect.  As of October 6, I realized that the problem was me (of course!).  I had been feeding him to sleep during the day and throughout naps, and whenever he woke up at night. So, anytime he woke up, he assumed he'd get fed, and would wait until he did.  
Since October 6, I haven't fed him to sleep, and I've only fed him every 3-4 hours at night.  So far, so good.


Lynn turned 35!! Happy birthday! 


We visited our friends Alex, Fred and their children Ethan (6 years) and Zac (1 year).


Tummy timin'!  



When he sleeps, he's so peaceful!  If only he slept in longer intervals!




Real men wear salmon.




Four month photos!


STATS:
At his four month appointment today, we learned that Lynx is:
16.5 pounds - 75%ile
26 inches long - 87%ile
17.4 inches for head circumference - 96%ile

Dr. Smith was impressed by how aware and happy he is.  She gave me the "ok" to feed him solids and try to get him to sleep in longer and longer increments.  She also said that he's very strong!  Here he is showing off his tummy timing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment