Monday, June 25, 2018

Lynx's 12th Month!





Lots of handholding lately.  I LOVE IT.

My heart....

A few pictures with me included....

Covered in kids!

We took the train at the Wheaton Regional Park and a selfie! 


I got to have dinner with these lovely ladies to welcome Megan on her trip to DC!


Playing at the park, as usual! 


What's that you're reading, Froggie?

Nova with her buddy Susan.  Susan's mom thought this would make a good photo for a band. Maybe the band could be called "Little Blondies." 


Whatcha doin' mom?

Swimming!

The insanity of my life.

A quick mention of Nova's progress in the writing arena.  I wrote the Coco, and Nova tried to make c's and o's around it.  

Happy boy with an adorable headband, courtesy of his sister.

Who needs a shirt when it's 95 and humid?

Queen Elsa with her Baby Elsa.  Nova is OBSESSED with Frozen.

 Nova loves herself a good selfie.

Nova Notes:
Nova lifted her hands up to me, and said, "I want to donate these. I want MAGIC hands."
Nova is really into Frozen right now.  She also wants to learn Spanish.  So, she watches Frozen in Spanish almost every day.

Lynx Notes:
Lynx's height:  (96%)
Lynx's weight: 22.5 lbs (71%)
The Doctor said that he's a bit underweight - he should be 24 lbs.  I'm trying to figure out how to remedy that, but it's tough to MAKE a kid eat.

May 20 - Held a doll and said "baby" and later said "yes"
June 3- He wakes up around 5:30 am every day.  Around 6:30, we get Nova.  While downstairs, I've been telling him "Let's go get sister!" and he will stop what he's doing and lead me to Nova's room, open the door and laugh while he launches his body onto the side of her bed.
June 7 - Said "nana" while pointing at a banana. Said "baba" twice for water.  Additionally, he loves to roll around in pillows and blankets.
June 12 - He puts his finger on my chest and makes whining sounds when he wants breaastmilk.  If I say he can't have any, he gets really mad.  When he wants to eat something, he slaps his chest instead of doing the "more" sign I've been trying to teach him. :)
June 13 - When I tell him he's all done in the tub, even if he's having fun, he stands up, reaches out to me and complies.  

Lynn's summary of the kids' development:

Nova:
============================================
She is obsessed with Elsa from the Disney movie Frozen.  She has multiple Elsa dresses and loves to sign and dance while talking about Frozen.  When we go get her in the morning, we ask who is there because some days she's Elsa, others she's Anna (Elsa's sister), others she's Kristoph (Anna's boyfriend), others she's Sven (Kristoph's reindeer), and sometimes she's just Nova (usually when she's sick, scared, or tired).

Her speech and mental acuity are developing well.  She speaks in full sentences and can convey most of what she wants to say, but sometimes struggles with a tough word or abstract thought.  We started doing jigsaw puzzles before bath time each night as a fun routine.  She keeps trying to be faster than me and I keep telling her she needs to do lots of jigsaw puzzles to get fast ;)

She is also adorably sweet to Lynx, which helps a lot.  She stops what she is doing and actually tries to make him laugh when he starts to whine/cry, and it sometimes works.


Lynx:
============================================
He has been struggling with some serious teething lately, so he's been a mess on many days.  He also doesn't like to sleep past about 5:30 AM most days, so I started to get up and take him downstairs to let Briggs sleep a little more.  We hang out, have some breakfast, then go to the play area and I basically follow him around while he investigates various things, does some tumbles, or gets pissed because something doesn't work immediately.  Kids these days... jeez ;)

On the other side, he responds to his name, understands much of what we say, and knows how to navigate our house (e.g., if we are in the sun room and say we are going to get Nova, he will walk over to the stairs and go up to her room on his own without following me).  Both kids absolutely love to be outside and both get bored relatively easily, Lynx much more than Nova though.  I am still waiting for them to get jobs and start pulling their weight around the house though ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment