Monday, June 19, 2017

Before and After the Labor and Delivery of Lynx

I wanted a stand-alone post for Lynx's announcement and delivery story.  So, below are the before and after photos, including some cuteness brought to you by Nova.

I arrived at the hospital around 11 am.  Lynn first went home to get Nova's "go-bag" and then went to his boss's house to drop it off along with Nova's car seat.  Lynn's boss, Adam, and his wife, Ginny, were gracious enough to take Nova for the duration of Lynx' labor and delivery.  


Before the show really got on the road, we FaceTimed with Nova twice.  The first time, she was watching Bugs Bunny, so she was perfectly content.  But, the second time was just before bedtime, she was crying and asking where we were.  This was around 8 pm.  
She didn't sleep very well, and she didn't eat much of anything, so I'm afraid that we hadn't quite prepared her.  But, Adam and Ginny were wonderful and did what they could to alleviate her anxiety.


Medstar Montgomery Hospital is "baby centered" so immediately after birth, the baby is placed on your chest for about an hour of skin-to-skin time.  This was amazing.  I wish we had done this with Nova.  While I snuggled, breastfed, and kissed him, Lynn talked to him which seemed to be very soothing for him. This lasted from 1:30 am to 3 am.  Then, they took Lynx to get some tests and vaccinations done, and I was transferred to the post-partum room.  Finally, I got the opportunity to sleep from 4:30-6 am, but I didn't really.  I still had the epidural and IV lines in me, so I couldn't get comfortable.  Alas...




The next morning (still June 10), Nova was introduced to "baby budder."  She was enamored.  




Lynn had brought a couple of books that talk about being a big sibling and how important that role is. 



Nova got to watch a LOT of TV at the hospital.  Maybe this baby brother isn't so bad!





Hello world!





1 comment: