Sunday, December 10, 2017

Nova: Potty Training (X2), Swimming, Garden of Lights

Nova's 2's preschool class.  Back row from left to right: Mrs. Troutman, Stella, Colin, Mwaka, Nova, Noah, Olivia, Mrs. Selva.  Front row from left to right: Coco, Maleka, Bruce, Arian, Declan.  



Playing at Peachwood Park during one of the last nice days of the year. 



Matching outfits! 



Early morning chaos, to be followed promptly by mid-day chaos, and then, night time chaos. 



Nova is starting to get very interested in bows, dresses, sparkles, frills, etc.  It's pretty fun!


We went to the Sugarloaf Festival with my buddy Tricia, and Nova got to dress up during the lunch time activity.  She had a lot of fun with the other kids.


Nova took her first swimming lessons this fall!  She LOVED it.


Such a smiley girl. 



So we don't forget who is trying to run this show, here's a photo of Lynn.


In addition to swimming, Nova LOVES reading.  If given the option of the park or the library, she has always chosen the library.  So, we go at least once a week, sometimes more frequently. 



We went to the Garden of Lights for the first time as a family this December.  It was really magical.  Though very few photos were taken, I wanted to chronicle this experience so I hopefully remember to go again next year (and the next!) 



After a swimming lesson, we went to Chipotle in Olney.  As an idiot parent, I let her climb on the high stools.  She fell off and went face-first into the concrete floors.  She hurt her lips, nose and forehead.  Parenting fail.


Though we couldn't find her butterfly wings for Halloween (turning her butterfly costume into a caterpillar costume...ha), we have now found them!  She wore them to the park and wanted me to take a bunch of pictures of her.  She usually doesn't like photos, so I happily obliged.


Nova potty trained herself!  While Lynn was in Chile, on November 15, she decided she didn't want to wear diapers anymore.  A couple of urine accidents followed, but she's been good ever since!  Even at night time.  She was READY.



Cute things she's said:

November 2: I picked up Nova from preschool.  She said, "I didn't miss you, but you missed me a lot."

November 17: She called her armpit her "armspot"

November 30: 
Me: Santa comes down the chimney to bring presents.  
Nova: That dangerous! Go to door!

December 4:
I told Nova if she cleaned up her toys, she could watch TV. I cleaned the kitchen, then heard her say, "I cleaned up all the stuff!" Then showed me a Kleenex box full of random things. "See? I cleaned up all the stuff!"

December 5:
She just started to speak for her toys instead of just asking me to "help him talk." Prior to this, she always played the role of herself, while I took on different characters.

December 7:
"Rub this in his chinny-chin-chin."

During nap, Nova wrapped a blanket around her waist and sang repeatedly, "Let it go! Let it go! Can't have it anymore!"

December 12:
Tonight, I told her she had to brush her teeth after bath.  She said, "I run away!" and took off down the hall.

1 comment:

  1. I repeat: stop growing up!!!!!

    Also, that picture of Nova in the striped shirt with the bow on her head - um, HOW OLD IS SHE????!!!

    I miss you all very much! Those kids need to freeze now so we don't miss too much.

    ReplyDelete