Thursday, September 6, 2018

The End of Summer 2018

This summer has been simply wonderful.  Generally my memory is really terrible, but if I am able to remember anything from this summer in the coming years, it will be the feeling of freedom, sunshine, and ridiculously cute conversations that make no sense to me.

if I remember any activity from this summer, it will be trips to and from Peachwood Park.  We have gone almost every day.  They climb in the double stroller we got on a listserv for $50, and I push them (using all of my strength!) to the park, all the while talking with Nova. Now and again, Lynx will grunt and point at something, and before I even have to look where he's pointing, I know he's spotted a dog.

But, here are some helpful pictures and videos to help jog my memory of all the rest of the wonderful experiences I shared with my little guys this summer.

I love this photo for so many reasons: 1. her facial expression, clearly trying to make me laugh (and it worked). 2. her bright red face shows that she just had a ton of fun outside despite ridiculous heat 3. she has her PJs on, so I know she was just outside in her PJs.  Oh, to be 3!

At the Trolley Museum! Both kids love riding the trolley.

It's not fair if only Nova gets to wear big, fluffy, sparkly dresses!


Our little reader, enjoying some relaxing time with her friend, Maddie.

Should dirt present itself to him, Lynx is sure to fully experience it.


Blanket capes, one for each.

Lynx isn't sure what to make of these so-called "selfies." Who is that baby on your phone, mommy?


Nova has had some good "battle damage" this summer. Here, she was trying to catch a swing.  It made its way to her face instead. She was unpleased.

He skipped his morning nap for three Fridays in a row during August.  When he does that, I can't time his afternoon quite right.  So, a nap in the stroller ensued. 


We went to Wheaton National Park where Lynx got to cover his legs and fill his mouth with sand! YUM.



I mean...I just....she is SO FUNNY.




Don't you think?? Just hilarious! 


During the last two weeks of August, Lynn took a vacation from NASA so he could watch the kiddos while I enjoyed some adult time.  Anisha and I spent some time as tourists in Baltimore and had a fantastic time.

He so rarely snuggles with me, I wanted Lynn to capture this moment.  It looks like I'm forcing him to be with me, something I'm not opposed to doing.  But, I'm not.  He legit snuggled with me. 





















The photo on the left was taken at the end of March.  The photo on the right was taken at the beginning of August.  Four months apart!  What actually amazes me is how BLONDE he got!

NOVA NOTES:
I asked her, "one plus one equals??" and Nova replied, "Saturday!"

Nova wrote her name on her own for the first time.

She learned how to pump her own legs on the swings.

Lynn and Nova were driivng on a rainy day.  After going through a puddle and getting water all over the car, Nova said, "The water made a bad decision! I can' see out my window anymore."

Nova periodically tells me how much she LOOOOVES Daddy and how much she does not love me.  The last time we had this fantastic conversation, I got mad and told her that she had to think of something nice to say about me.  Not quite understanding my request, she said, "I was thinking....silly!" and she started dancing around, making silly faces and funny squeals. Forgiven.


LYNX NOTES:
Lynx has just four words in his arsenal so far: vroom (which is just "mmmm" - so cute!). He also says "yum" while he's eating (also just "mmmm"), and Mama and Dada.  He understands so much of what we say, but just doesn't want to talk yet.  

He is working on lots of other stuff, though, including getting frustrated here, but continuing to try the same task over again over again, every day for much of August.

I took him to the doctor because he had a fever of 100.5 and I was worried about hand, foot and mouth. (A few friends' kids got it this summer.) As it turned out, it was just Roseola - no biggie.  But, we got him weighed again, and he's: 
24.5 lbs.

I'm worried about his weight gain, so I was glad to go in mid-August and get the update. He's gained over 2 lbs since June.  PHEW.

Much to my dismay, Lynx has followed his sister to the top of the jungle gym.





No comments:

Post a Comment