Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Fall Update

The weather finally turned last week, which tells me that it's time to update this blog.


 Nova and Lynx have gotten into the habit of playing with their friends while waiting for preschool to start. Some parents don't love that their children run recklessly through the hallways, but I am not one of them. :)


He's been working on his abs lately.



I've started teaching these adorable girls some tennis!


While I teach tennis, Lynx enjoys some swinging!




And, sometimes he enjoys swinging with Nova. I LOVE his expression in this one.


When your parents don't have any standards, you can lay down in a puddle.


YUM! Lunch at Brookside Gardens! 


What a cutie. 


Nova saw a photo of Kaia doing the splits, so she wanted to try too.

Reading together. I wish the lighting was better. I love when they get along!

Crossing her eyes is not encouraged by me.  My husband is another story.



Neighborhood race! I think Lynx is going to win. 


I've started trying to teach Nova her letters.  She really wants to learn how to read, but hasn't put together that she needs to learn letters, recognize their sounds, put those into words, then sentences.  To encourage her to memorize her letters, I bought her a gift. I said she could open it once she memorized her letters.  It took a week.  She worked on them with me for an hour or so each day for a week. I was so proud of her persistence.  Now, she's got 'em down pat!  Hard work pays off.

LOVE their little personalities.  

We went to the Agricultural History Farms with a buddy Max.  They got to feed pigs, chickens, and goats and THEN got to swing on a swing.  Lynx was in heaven. 


Why do girls get to have all of the fun with hairstyles?

Lynn's boss' wife, Ginny, gave us some wonderful hand-me-downs, including these adorable footy pajamas.

Upon waking Lynx from a nap, I encountered Kermie all wrapped up like a baby in his crib. I'm not sure if he did it on purpose, but I hope so.

New hand-me-down shoes from Tyeshia!  Thanks!


Painting pumpkins for Halloween! 


Phew! All of this learning and growing is tiring!  We dropped Lynx's morning nap this past week, so he sometimes catches a few winks in the car.


LYNX STATS
Lynx has also started copying me and trying to talk with a sincere effort:
In the car, Nova said, "N O V A spells Nova!" and Lynx said, "A! A!" I said, "Lynx, can you say A?" and he did!
I asked Lynx to bring the dishes to the sink. I gave him his cup. He picked his plate up off the floor (where he was keeping it - ha) and brought them to the right place!
Sometimes calls Nova "Nay Nay"
On the downside, Lynx bit Nova for the first time on Sept. 26.
On October 2, he started legitimately running. He can now run faster than I can walk.  Sigh.
"bop" means both beep and poop.
Tried to say 'Banana" again.
Said, "weeee-oooh!" like a siren. 
Consistently sleeping in until 7 am as of October 20. FINALLY.


NOVA STATS
While climbing a tree, Nova said, "I'm reeeeeeally impressive!"
She's told me numerous times that she's going to have three kids when she's an adult.
Nova kept fidgeting in the stroller.  I asked her why.  She said, "I'm so excited.  It's hard to wait for Christmas."
Nova said to Lynn, "You've got the stinky toots because you're a dad!"
At the dentist on October 8, Nova gave two dental hygienists a craft she had made.  While they very enthusiastically thanked her, she turned bright red both times.  I had never noticed her blush before.

Me: Nova, your shoes are on the wrong feet. 
Nova: I have my shoes on the wrong feet? That's disgraceful!!

Lynx was in the middle of an epic meltdown. Crying on and on.  Nova looked thoughtfully at him.  When he calmed down, she said, "Lynx is crying so my body wants me to cry, too."

This is from the summer.

Giggling video!!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures and updates. Can’t come fast enough. Scrampa and Grancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Lynx that Kaia will go pet goats with him any day!

    I love Nova's laugh! So contagious!

    ReplyDelete