Thursday, December 5, 2019

Preschool Photos and Adorable Things they Say

I could not have asked for cuter kids!  

Lynx's 2 year old Preschool Photo. October 2019.

Nova's 4 year old Preschool Photo. October 2019

In addition to cute smiles, these kids say the cutest things:

LYNX 2019:
May 16
“Katie no take orange truck own home!” Lynx, worried my friend will steal his favorite truck
 πŸ˜‚ 
May 29
Still says “dig dig dig” in rapid fire when happy 

June 8
Lynx kept grunting. I asked what he was and he said "rhino"

July 10
Stopped breastfeeding 

July 22 
When asked why he cried today, lynx did some fake crying. It was very realistic!  Then, he whined "Mommy!!" still while crying.  He paused, looked at me, and said “that??” Meaning: When I cried like that? Is that what you're asking me? I said, "yes." and he said, "I miss mommy. I need mommy.”  I think he's got a knack for the stage!

July 23
Climbed out of his crib 

July 25
L said: me no mad at you. Me happy at you! 

July 29
This morning, lynx went outside. He ran back to me at the door shouting, “Where my friends go?!?!” 
I said, “friends?”
He said, “ya! Worms! Where my worm friends go?” 
πŸ˜‚

September 2
“Someday me mommy.” Someday I’m going to be a mommy. 

September 7
Lynx hurt his butt and walked over to me saying,”kiss my butt!” 

Went to Kim’s hair salon and he saw the sign, and said, "K M!" 

I told him I’m going to Dr. Browns and he said, "D-R-O Lynx! I doctor Lynx!"

September 26
Lynx hit me hard with a broom stick. I yelled at him, put him in timeout. 45 minutes later, he apologized to me on his own. Even later, at 9 pm, I checked on him in bed. He wasn’t sleeping. So I snuggled him and the whole time all he wanted to talk about was that he was sorry he hit me and was I still mad at him. 

October 2019. 
Lynx loves to say: It happens. Sometimes. 

October 6
Lynn’s Conversation with Lynx:
Me:  Alright, thanks for cleaning up now go play.
Lynx:  πŸ˜©Me no like you say go play!😩
Me:  πŸ€¨Go play, I have to take out the recycling.
Lynx:  πŸ˜©Dat not fair!😩
Me:  πŸ™„It’s not like I’m asking you to do something boring or painful...
Lynx:  πŸ˜©Me no like play!😩
Me:  πŸ€¨Seriously?  Okay, I’m taking out the recycling.  You go play!
Lynx:  πŸ˜©πŸ˜«Noooooo!πŸ˜­πŸ˜–
Me:  πŸ˜³πŸ™„πŸ€¦‍♂️

November 3
For the past month or two, he’s been waking up at 9-10:30 pm in a cold sweat. After snuggling, he goes back to sleep and sleeps fine. No more sweating πŸ§ 

December
When he's mad and I ask him a question, he just says, "nothin'."

______________________________________________________


NOVA 2019
November 14
Sounded out her way through an entire Gerald and Piggie book today!! It took 30 minutes and she was so determined and proud throughout. 

Notes to teacher: 
She likes systems - how things relate to each other. 
Good memory 
Overwhelmed easily by crowds bc she takes in more than most do. Overly empathetic. 
Talks about death a lot 

November 3
Read Woodmoor in the car and said the letters. All of them despite passing the sign already. She thought it’d be pronounced “d-mmm-rrrr” but remembered every letter!

October 
Started picking at her nails 

October 17
Nova is an enigma. But this is what I figured out lately, I think: she takes in more sensory information than most do. Because of that, she has a very active inner world, is introspective, introverted and feels intense pressure. If she thinks she’s displeased someone, she’s so upset. But she also thrives on this sensory input so she’s always seeking more. 

October 4
Nova asked me,”how did the first people learn how to open stuff?”

September 26
I ask Nova what happened at preschool every day. She’s started saying “math.” I ask for more. She says, “when I don’t want to talk about it, I just say math.” 

September 17
We were talking about bullies and how they tease and pick on ppl. 
Nova: I was picked on
Me: oh ya? Who picked on you? 
Nova: a book 
Me: 
Nova: a book with blue... uh... it’s nothin’ to worry about. 

August 12
Nova woke up from the SAME bad dream I remember waking from when I was four! Chickens being eaten by a fox. 

August 5
I told N I was going upstairs to change bras. I came back down and she asked,”do you have your new breast on?” 

July 23
Letting her read by herself before she goes to bed. Taught her how the clock works 

Read the words "No Way." 

June 19
Nova said, “I love you so much!! Five-teen!!  I love you as high as I can hop!” Then sat quietly for awhile and said,”so I only love you a little bit because I can’t hop very high.” 

June 11
After putting on some clothes that a friend gave us, she said, “These clothes smell like Susan! She gave us her smell!” 

May 28
We were reading a book about snakes and I said maybe she could be a herpetologist, expert on snakes. She said, “No mom. You told me that only I could decide what I’ll be when I grow up. Remember that?”
I said,”oh for sure. But can I give ideas?”
She said,”No.” 

April 3
During her first piano lesson, marguerite asked her to count to 5. Nova said, “1, 2, that’s after 4! 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.” Then she asked her to count to 5 only. Nova said,”ok. I counted high before (meaning, to 7) now I’ll count low. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. 

She sang the A, B, Cs while playing the notes on the piano in rhythm to her singing! I was very impressed.


2 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute! I love their little minds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a delightful collection! Your kids are remarkable. Love, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete