Saturday, April 25, 2020

COVID-19

Hello all!  I hope this quarantine finds you well.

As the world slowly closed in on us from the fear of this virus, I have to say I was mostly baffled by the whole thing.  We have followed the rules, but hearing about how hard it is on everyone just didn't resonate with me.  I understood why it could be hard for people, but it was not hard on me.  So, while I could appreciate the stress it created for others, I just didn't think it was a big deal.

Fast forward a week, and two nights up vomiting repeatedly and I'm changing my tune!  Apparently, my body is trying to tell me something?  Perhaps that I am (literally) trapped in the middle of a worldwide pandemic with no end in sight?

Perhaps.

The point I'm trying to make is: all is well except for the vomiting.

The kids do not seem to mind the quarantine.  Not that all things are roses and butterflies...but considering the circumstances, they're doing great.  We are embracing the fact that there are no deadlines and no set times to accomplish anything.  They are getting a lot of free time to explain the backyard alone (sans parents - we just listen from the kitechen), and I bought some kinetic sand which has entertained them for hours.

Nova is introverted, imaginative, and loves being with Lynx.  Lynx is extroverted, but equally as imaginative and equally as in love with his sister.  Nova has also recently decided she wants to be a scientist "every day," while Lynx tells us all about his toots.

I am working more than ever for Grid + Glam (Not Glim + Glam, DAD!).  I am loving it.  Lynn is working from home, so we bought him a new, big computer screen.  (And, some house shoes because he has (no joke) broken both of his pinky toes by running into things in the house.)

Nova is growing her hair out, so I bought some gel to help keep her bangs out of her eyes.  We went a little crazy with Lynx's hair!

After many recommendations, I splurged and bought them some kinetic sand which is always moldable, and it doesn't "dry out."  They are LOVING it.  Some purchases like this flop, but this one has been great. 

So many gifts from Grancy!!  Nova is starting to play with dolls a little, but I'd still say that her favorite toy is "blanket."  She likes hiding in them, jumping on them, using them as capes, etc.  Lynx loves himself a good rock or stick.  Or Chick Hicks toy cars...

We get outside no matter the weather every day! 

Another recommendation was to make soap paint with corn starch and dishwashing soap.  What a mess! But the kids loved it.

Final product.  


Nova working on her scientist work in her notebook.  Lynx said, "Want to know where my toot is? It's in the bush.  My toot is in the bush."



No comments:

Post a Comment