Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Nova's FIFTH Birthday!

Nova talked about turning four for six months.  Every single day, several times a day.  She talked about turning five for about four months.  Every single day, several times a day.  So, I think the conclusion is...she loves her birthday! We'll see what six brings next year!

Last year, we went to Great Wolf Lodge. It was fun. Period.  End of sentence.  But, THIS year we went to Kalahari and it was BONKERS!!  So, Much FUN!  No periods, here, only !!!  We'll go again and again!  A friend of ours, Tyeshia, bought her a Mermaid Swimming Lesson, which she loved!

And, we had a little birthday party at home with the Moms group and some neighbors.  It was simple and fun.

She LOVED her gifts from Ford, Jenn and Kaia!

And, she practices hard for any possible opportunity to be on the stage.

And, here she ACTUALLY got to be on stage!!  It was her idea to play piano at preschool, and the director was kind enough to let her do it.

 Nova has been SO interested in "performing on the stage"! So Grancy bought her this theater class, which she enjoyed.  It's called Imagination Stage, which I figured would be, ahem, on a stage.  But, no. Just a regular class.  So she was disappointed in that, but she loves classes generally, so she enjoyed it just the same.  Their Final "performance" was on her birthday, which was extra special.


The night before her birthday, I went to Target to find the most sparkly thing I could find.  Behold!!  So Sparkly!

Nova has been such a good helper.  Here she's helping Lynx velcro his shoes. She's desperate to learn how to tie her shoes, so that will be our next adventure together. 


Mom fail.  They were scooting without helmets on, and Nova took a dive face first.  Lesson learned, Helmets are now securely in place prior to any scooting.


Birthday Crepes! Which she actually didn't love.  Alas.  I try so hard, people!

I got to have dinner with some of my buddies when our mutual pal, Megan was in town from Kabul.  We miss you, Mego!!


Tinkergarten continues to be a staple in our lives. I love it.  Simple outdoor activities. Fun for all. 


At the end of January, I flew to Boston to give a presentation with Corinne, my friend/boss at Grid + Glam.  It was incredibly fun...and strange to wear a suit again!


 Lynx, our little monkey!


Lynx is such a sweetheart.  Well, not if he's hungry.  And not if he's sick.  But, anytime that he's fed and healthy....he's adorable.  

 Our neighbor could NOT be cuter!  We have lots of fun, impromptu playdates with her.


After preschool pick up, we play at the nearby playground with a few friends.  Hilarious!

Oops.  Hungry Lynx!  

Nova got lots of wonderful gifts for her birthday!  Chief among them was the ONLY toy I gave her, this Hatchimal....for $70.  But, she LOVES it, so I count it as a win.




Every Tuesday, we pick up our friend and head over to Spanish class at Ms. Fabiola's!  Nova absolutely loves it. 




What birthday post would be complete without a photo from the dentist? No screens, no bribes, my kids just endured the dentist like kids did in the good ol' days.  And, they did awesome. I was incredibly proud.


 Kisses!


Such warm weather this week in March! A great day for a playdate. 


Quotes Time!
Lynx first:
This isn't a quote but...since November, Lynx has woken up almost every single night screaming somewhere between 9-10:30 pm, sometimes later.  It's gotten worse and longer each time in the last few weeks.  We think it's nightmares/terrors, but I need to check with the doctor.  Poor guy.

Here's a video of Lynx talking to me back in January.

Both kids chatting!

January 8
Lynx said, “when I grow up I want to be guy who kill everybody.” (Meaning, Scar from Lion King. But Still....)

February 
At preschool, Mrs. Troutman was talking about love and showing your family love. Lynx said, ”I no show love to sister. I punch sister!” 

March 9
I dug up some big chunks of dirt for him with a spade. He said, “You are Amazin’ Mom!” Agreed. I am.



Nova:
January 23
Nova is singing repeatedly,”I’m special but nobody can know why!” 

January 17
Nova said, "Lynxy, you are the gentleman of mercy." 


No comments:

Post a Comment