Sunday, January 1, 2023

Christmas 2022 + New Year's 2023

 Happy New Year Everyone!  

I love all the holidays, each for a different reason. Why I love New Year's is the motivation I get from it AND the fact that there's nothing to buy or consume! 

And, it's funny that it's followed right behind Christmas, which is the pinnacle of buying and consuming! Both of which I also love. :) 

Sadly, this year, we were all sick with Influenza A for Christmas. As you may have seen in my previous post, Lynx had a seizure on December 16. After that Nova got sick, then I got sick. Sadly, today on Jan. 1, I'm still dealing with it! My flu turned into bronchitis. Luckily, thanks to Mr. Fleming in 1928, we have antibiotics! So I am feeling better since I started on Friday and hope for a full recovery by tomorrow. 

But, I would like to just add that being sick for over two weeks has been kinda nice. I've been listening to really interesting podcasts and audiobooks! Lynn has been taking care of me, and the kids have been playing together really well this whole time. Blessings all around.

Ok, let's talk Christmas!

The kids wanted some pretty big gifts. and were a bit disappointed in Santa. Chief among these requests were: an iPhone, trampoline, backyard playground equipment, PowerWheels. But, friends and family came through with amazing gifts! And Santa did alright in the end. :)  

Here's a video of them coming down the stairs Christmas morning.



Our Christmas Tree



Presents from Santa

Cookies + Carrots for Santa and his reindeer.

This cute dinosaur kit is from Ford, Jenn + Kaia! Thank you! 


Puzzles from Grandpa Lynn + Grandma Anita!

We were sick this week (see post about Lynx's seizure!) so our neighbor Lauren brought over a fantastic Christmas dinner for us! 

Nova got some fake nails from Santa! 


For New Year's, we were going to go to Georgette's house, but I got bronchitis (after the flu). So it was a casual affair. Though I did set three New Year's Resolutions:
1. To bake twice a week (with almond flour and flaxseed!)
2. To train for a triathlon I'll compete in this June.
3. To write in my new "five minute journal" every day. 

Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment