Tuesday, July 11, 2023

My Triathlon and Swim Team Begins

 This summer has been amazing!! I don't think I've had this much fun in a long time. 

On June 3, I did a sprint triathlon down in Reston, VA. It felt great to train for it - having to swim, bike and run (instead of just run) ensured that I didn't overwork any one muscle group, so I stayed injury-free all spring. A true miracle.

I came in 222nd out of 618 - not bad! My splits are below! Friends came to cheer me on, which made a world of difference. I had a great time! I want to do another one ASAP.












Since the triathlon, we've been in full swim team mode all summer!! I had to bribe Lynx to join it (with a LEGO set, of course) but I'm so glad I did because he loves it. Nova has always loved it, but this year has made a name for herself on the team! She's has the fastest butterfly, and the second fastest freestyle for 8+under girls! I'm obsessed with their swimming. Both want to continue through the year, so they're going to the first tryout next week! I can't wait!


Here is a playlist of some of their best swims this summer! 

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMuWff2X76s4x23zAFMCmXqLrgZRUcGVT 



No comments:

Post a Comment