Friday, November 10, 2023

My Trip to Europe

 I had THE BEST time in Europe this fall! I went to Kent, England and spent four amazing days with my friend Michael and his family. Then, I took a train to Paris where I met with my buddy Emily and her three-month old, Chloe and continued to have a great time! I couldn't have asked for a better trip.

On the plane ride over, the two seats next to me were open! So I laid down and listened to my books on tape as comfortably as you can in the economy class on a plane. 

Michael's kids were completely awesome. So smart, so sweet, so thoughtful and so funny!  I had so much fun walking them to school, eating pizza with them at the restaurant, helping them get ready for bed and chatting! 
I asked each of my kids to give me a small toy to bring with me! So I took this picture (and MANY others) of their toys just outside of Westminster Abbey.


This is NOT the London Bridge! It's Tower Bridge! Don't make that mistake again! hahah!

Michael took four days off and was my personal tour guide. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot! This is Trafalgar Square. 

We also toured a bunch of castles, which was totally novel and interesting to me, but old hat for Michael. He put up with me pretty well though! 


FRANCE! 

On Saturday, October 14, I took the EuroStar train to Paris Du Nord station. My friend, Emily, was at Paris Du Gard. Darn it! But we met up at the hotel without a problem.


Our first morning, we took the metro to the Arc De Triumphe and ate a traditional French breakfast while the sun rose. This was a major highlight for me! 



We took a tour of the Catacombs!! There are miles of tunnels under Paris that they filled with bones! It was incredible.




Chloe was a trooper! And so cute! 

This is the crypt, under Notre Dame! It was underwhelming, but I love ancient ruins so I was into it!

The Siene River! Emily and I walked about 10 miles each day, often along the river. 


The day after Emily left, I took a tour of castles in the Voire Valley. So I have about 100 pictures of myself standing in front of various castles. :) This one my hair was most fluffy, so I chose it. haha! 













No comments:

Post a Comment