Friday, March 8, 2019

Nova is 4! And so much more...

Nova had a great birthday.  She talked about her birthday every day for over six months.  So, I did the best I could with my non-magical powers to make her birthday magical.  

 First, we put a happy birthday hat and feather boa, along with two presents in her room. Both were books for her to read before we woke up.  She didn't know she could open them, though, so we opened them together later.  But, we also filled her room with about 15 balloons, and hung others on the door, and hid presents throughout the house.  Here she is coming down the stairs, and looking for her presents.


I've been saving her artwork from the past few months to use as decorations on her birthday.  I'm pretty proud of my thriftiness!  Then, we had to have a Frozen Happy Birthday banner and balloons!

She opened all of her presents (except one outdoor present, debuting below).  She LOVED her gifts from her wonderful family!  Including this carousel from Grancy and Scrampa, this doggy from Lynn and Anita, and a box full of goodies from Ford, Jenn and Kaia!

I invited the mom's group and a few other friends for her Thursday morning party.  I think it was perfect, though next year we may have to do something bigger and on a weekend in order to satisfy Nova's growing demands! haha.

Then, CAKE!  Here's the group singing Happy Birthday to an uncomfortable Nova.



Happy birthday girl.



And, the icing on the cake, so to speak, was this brand new, 16' bike! She had outgrown her 12' bike so I went to Good Will and found this dynamo for....wait for it....$8!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment