Friday, April 12, 2019

Catch Up Blog Post! Lots of Videos!

This spring has been the best of my life, for sure.  The kids are doing so great, and I'm embarking on a few new challenges just for me. I've failed to keep my blog up, though, so today I'm going to try to do a little catch up.

Lynx's language skills have taken off. He now has some sentences down, both of which require a little background:

Sentence 1: "Push button, start engine."  After we drop Nova off at preschool, I let Lynx sit in her carseat.  He has seen me push the button on our fancy new Odyssey.  So, a week ago, we were sittign in the parking lot while I was putting directions into my phone.  He said, "Push button!" antsy to get going.  So, I taught him the phrase, "Push the button to start the engine." After a few trials, he now says "push button, start engine.
Sentence 2: "No doggie take froggie."  Nova started piano lessons last week.  The piano instructor has two huge dogs.  When we went for her first lesson, one of them took Lynx's fave stuffy, Froggie, out of his hands.  Lynx talked about it for days afterward!

 Lynx's animal sounds as of February 1.
Lynx's animal sounds as of February 11.
Lynx trying to count.  He can count to two.  After two comes eight and then nine. :)

Lynx playing baseball.
Lynx's favorite toy is a stuffed Kermit from Brecky.  But, he didn't know that Kermit was a famous frog until I showed him the "It's not easy being green" video, here.

Nova's little personality is coming out more and more each day.  She loves her close friends, but doesn't like big crowds.  If she can make someone laugh, she will do it all day long.  Here she is, doing a great job of entertaining me.

And, I try to entertain them!

And this 3 minute video involves her telling me a lot of information!

Jodi and her family visited!  We had a great time!
 Me snuggling with Ada and Nova.

Asher and Lynx, watching some tv.

Not sure what's happening here... ;)



Superhero day at preschool

Lynx wanted to join in the superhero fun.  Nova is photobombing.

Climbing a tree. With Froggie

They are really getting into clobbering each other.

More outdoor play.


Snuggles

More outside time, now with hats!


I LOVE this hilarious face of hers.

Reading together.


Muddy pants, don't care!


Auntie Brecky visited!

We bought shoes and as a reward for their cooperation, they got to ride in this nifty car.

"Baby Hide!"

Lynx LOVES his green boots!




More of Nova's personality coming through....


Nova wins the award for silliest face 

Standing in line with her buddies at a birthday party 

Reading together!

FUN! MUD!

He loves mud.


Superkids!

We bought a keyboard for Nova's new piano lessons.  We're one lesson in, and so far, no meltdowns.




No comments:

Post a Comment